1. Biobank Directory
This directory contains the biobank name and the disease types represented in the collection. There are now about 80 academic biobanks in this directory and all are motivated to work with industry.
2. Company Directory
This directory contains the company name and the disease types of interest. It allows biobanks to find companies with which to partner.
3. Request Directory
This directory gives details of specific sample requests. These contain complete information, including inclusion and exclusion criteria.
4. Networking module
he module includes features like messaging, inbox, profiles, favourites, connections, groups, and discussion forums.
Using The Directories
This platform makes it possible for members to connect in many ways. For example, a company can find a suitable biobank through the biobank directory. The company can then message the biobank. As well as this, companies can find suitable biobanks by placing a sample request. This displays in the requests directory. Following this, interested biobanks will message the company.
A unique feature of this platform is that biobanks can begin contact with companies. For example, a biobank can find a suitable company through the company directory. Subsequently, the biobank can message the company to get in touch.
The directories have an intuitive design with many useful features. For example:
- Users take ownership of their directory entries. Accordingly, they can update at any time to keep the information current.
- For each organisation, there is a Google map showing its location.
- Users can enter an unlimited number of ‘disease strengths’ for their biobank (i.e. well-represented diseases). For this purpose they can choose from a searchable dropdown ICD-10-based list of diseases.
- Users can search the directory for either biobanks or companies. In addition, they can search by country and city. Furthermore, they can filter by general disease scope or specific disease focus.
- There are three interlinked directories. As shown above, there is one directory for biobanks, a second for companies and a third for submitted request forms.
The Biosample Hub platform is password-protected. We check all applicants to make sure they represent bona fide organisations. Accordingly, any communications received on the platform should come from vetted organisations. We hide email addresses on the platform, unless members want them to be visible. Instead of email, members are able to communicate using the platform messaging system.