How Companies Benefit
- Direct contact with a large network of non-commercial biobanks.
- 100% of the biobanks want to work with industry
- 75% of the biobanks provide prospective collection
- You can access reliable human biospecimens with provenance
- No contractual restrictions
- Financial transparency
- Platform is simple to use
- Free attendance at all Biosample Hub conferences and meetings
How Biobanks Benefit
- We place you in direct contact with biotech companies
- We introduce you to more biotech companies
- We encourage free communication which helps traceability
- We provide a free service
- You are free from ethical concerns
- You are free from contractual restrictions
- You have free attendance at all Biosample Hub conferences and events
- Our platform is free and easy to use
Mission – Vision – Values
Mission: To connect Biotechs and Biobanks directly, for sample sharing with traceability
Vision: A global movement uniting Biotechs with non-commercial Biobanks
Values: Free communication | Sample traceability | Not-for-profit
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why is Biosample Hub not-for-profit?
Biosample Hub serves not-for-profit biobanks. So being not-for-profit is in keeping with this role.
In addition, there are strong arguments against organising procurement of human biospecimens along commercial lines. These arguments are given in the following document. Nuffield Council on BioEthics entitled ‘Human tissue: ethical and legal issues’. See pages 50 to 53.
Furthermore, commercial interests often lead to reduced sample traceability. This has ethical and scientific consequences. Hofman et al, 2017.
What does not-for-profit mean?
Biosample Hub is a company limited by guarantee, without share capital. So we have no shareholders. Moreover, in the articles of incorporation, we specify the payment of fair and proper wages. We also specify how we will apply surplus funds and distribute assets on dissolution (articles 5, 56, 62 and 65). See records at Companies House.
Where is Biosample Hub?
Biosample Hub is global in its operations. It connects providers and requesters of human biospecimens from around the world. Members of Biosample Hub are from North and South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
Biosample Hub is a not-for-profit company, registered in the UK.